Here is the driver you will need to install, but please remember sometimes direct installation will failed. So you either need to tweak the drivers or install it manually via device manager.
1. Conexant CX20468-31 AC97 Audio Driver and Audio Driver EQ
Download SP34789 (32-bit)
Download SP35558 (64-bit)
2. To save your time, here is the drivers (modified) which I already tested and worked.
SP30399 (mod) (32-bit)
SP35558 (Mod) (64-bit)
3. You can use your original windows XP or Vista drivers, but you need to tweak the drivers or install it manually. You can read on how to do that below. (Note: If you have DELL notebook, you can simply install the drivers by using compatibility mode)
If the drivers failed to install, there are 2 method we can us to install the drivers.
1. Edit the drivers Hardware ID
2. Manually install the drivers via device manager
1. Edit the driver Hardware ID
1. First download your original windows XP drivers, you can use this driver instead:
WINDOWS XP DRIVERS
Conexant CX20468-31 AC97 Audio Driver and Audio Driver EQ
2. Right click and select run as administrator,(This method does not intend to install the drivers but we just want to extract the driver file.)
3. Then proceed the installation until the installation windows appear.
4. install it and ignore the error, now we already extract the driver file to C:\swsetup\SP30339. Note that if you are using different drivers set or you want to extract this driver in other location, you can extract the drivers using winrar or 7zip software).
5. Now we need to find our audio hardware ID first.
Follow Guide here to find your hardware ID, when you get it remember to paste the hardware ID in notepad (for further reference). The result should be like this, the ID is mine realtek audio and not conextant so your ID may differ from mine:
6. Now open c:\swsetup\sp30399
7. Now in the sp30399 folder find the qta3091.inf and open the files.
8. Now find the values i highlight in the picture below.
9. Then paste your hardware ID below the line %*WDM_AMCAUD.DeviceDesc%=WDM_AMCAUD,PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_3091103C with your hardware ID in STEP 4.
so the line may look like this:
The method above use the SP30399 which is XP drivers, you may also test with SP37489 using the same method.
2. Manual Installation
Before we start, please install the audio drivers first, I recommend to install yopur original windows xp drivers. If you does not have it just download and install the drivers I provided above. Ignore if installation resulting in error we just want to extract the driver files.
1.First open device manager by click start and select run type "devmgmt.msc" as shown in the pictures below.
2. Then on the audio with yellow mark right click and select update driver.
3. Then select browse my computer for the Driver software
4.Then select let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
5. Then select have disk and select browse
6. Browse to SP34789 and select the Qta3091.inf.
7. Proceed with on screen instruction. Ignore if it complaint.
You can repeat this process by using different drivers to get the best results. (In certain case mic does not work so you need to use different driver version).